Patriots QB Tom Brady lands on the cover of Madden
- Today, EA Sports announced who will be on the cover for this years version of their popular NFL franchise video game, Madden 18 and it was none other than 39-year old New England Patriots QB Tom Brady.
- There is a theory floating around that there is a “curse” attached to whoever is on the cover, but Brady’s longtime durability and health suggest he should debunk that notion, and his play from last season was certainly worthy of the honor.
- Brady is one of the best in the business at limiting how often he takes hits, even when he is under pressure. Last season he was pressured on 30.9 percent of his dropbacks, the 19th highest rate among the 29 quarterbacks who took at least half of their teams’ snaps. His 10.6 percent sack rate though (total number of sacks divided by total number of dropbacks under pressure) was the lowest among that group.
- The 5x champ is also extremely accurate when things break down around him. His 68.1 adjusted completion percentage when under pressure ranked fifth among those 29 quarterbacks.
- When others seem to slow down as they age, Brady only gets better. His overall grade has improved every season since 2013, and last year at age 39, he had the highest grade of any quarterback in PFF history at 99.3.
- Last season, Brady was second among qualified quarterbacks with a passer rating of 124.4 on deep passes (attempts targeted 20 yards or more downfield), which was easily the highest of his career, surpassing his historic 2007 season by a full 24.4 points.