New England extends tender to free agent RB LeGarrette Blount
- The little-used tender seems designed to protect a compensatory draft pick, or allow the Patriots exclusive negotiation if Blount doesn’t sign elsewhere by July 22.
- Despite leading the league in rushing touchdowns last season, Blount’s overall grade of 68.0 ranked 39th out of 62 qualified running backs, and it was also the second lowest grade of his career, only ahead of his 56.8 graded 2012 season.
- Blount finished the season with 12 15-plus yard runs, which tied him for the eighth most among 25 qualified running backs, and his average of 2.48 yards after contact per attempt ranked 14th.
- The big back also accumulated the eighth most missed tackles on rushing plays with 42.
- Blount ranked 144th out of 185 running backs with an average of just 0.29 yards per route run as a receiver.
- He was targeted just seven times all year, including only once over the final 10 weeks of the regular season.