Mykkele Thompson lining up at CB for Giants in OTAs
- Per James Kratch of NJ Advanced Media, the Giants have had 2015 fifth-round pick Mykkele Thompson lining up at CB rather than safety.
- Thompson has battled injuries since being drafted as he’s played just 71 defensive snaps, including the preseason. 72 percent of those snaps have come at FS.
- Cornerback may be the easier path to a roster spot. New York’s depth at safety doesn’t look to be an issue with Landon Collins, Darian Thompson, Andrew Adams, Nat Berhe, and newly signed Duke Ihenacho.
- Thompson has significant experience playing cornerback dating back to his senior season at Texas where he played 713 snaps (74 percent).
- In his last collegiate season, Thompson allowed 0.93 yards per cover snap, tied for 57th of 233 CBs.