Melvin Ingram expected to miss OTAs
- Per NFL Network’s Ian Rapaport, Los Angeles Chargers LB Melvin Ingram is expected to skip OTAs as well as possibly training camp as he is only one of two players (Pittsburgh’s Le’Veon Bell is the other) left to either sign an extension or their franchise tag this offseason.
- Only two 3-4 outside linebackers have been able to account for more than 35 quarterback hurries and more than 40 tackles over the past two seasons: Ingram and Oakland’s Khalil Mack.
- Both Ingram (88.1, sixth) and teammate Joey Bosa (89.7, fifth) ranked in the top 10 among edge defenders in PFF grading in 2016 — the Chargers and Texans were only teams to have two top-10 guys.
- Ingram was the only Chargers’ edge defender to have the overall top grading for any week in 2016, doing so in Week 15 against Oakland.
- Ingram was one of two 3-4 outside linebackers to rank in the top 10 in the run game (19 run stops, 10th), pass coverage (0.67 yards per coverage snap, ninth), and pass rush (69 total pressures, fourth) via PFF’s signature stats in 2016. James Harrison was the only other to do so.