Bennett working to build a rapport with Rodgers
- Jason Wilde of the State Journal reports that new Green Bay Packers tight end has gone out of his way to form a friendship with quarterback Aaron Rodgers both on and off the field.
- Bennett had one of the safest pair of hands among tight ends in the NFL in 2016, dropping just two of the 57 catchable passes thrown his way.
- Former Packers tight end Jared Cook also dropped just two passes, but from only 32 catchable targets.
- Bennett was one of the most productive receiving tight ends in the NFL last year, with his 1.96 yards per route run average ranking ninth among all tight ends with at least 30 targets.
- His PFF grade of 79.8 ranked 10th at the position in 2016, and he has graded at 70.0 or higher in each of the past seven seasons.