LB Gerald Hodges agrees to contract with Bills
- Former Vikings and 49ers linebacker Gerald Hodges signed a one-year deal with the Bills Thursday following a successful visit with the team on Monday.
- After being drafted by the Vikings in the fourth round in 2013, Hodges enjoyed a breakout season in 2014, ranking 17th among linebackers with an overall grade of 82.7. Following a disrupted 2015 campaign that saw him traded to San Francisco, he produced another very solid season in 2016, posting a PFF grade of 82.4, which ranked 21st among 87 qualifying linebackers.
- Hodges was productive across all areas last season, ranking among the top 16 at ILB in run-stop percentage (9.3), tackling efficiency (10.6), and coverage snaps per reception (12.0).
- He also ranked 16th among all off the ball linebackers in passer rating allowed (87.3).
- Buffalo will be hoping that Hodges can help mitigate the loss of their best linebacker from last year, Zach Brown (now with Washington), who posted a grade of 84.1 in 2016.