La'el Collins likely to start at right tackle in Dallas
- David Moore of the Dallas Morning News reports that Dallas Cowboys guard La’el Collins has been working out at right tackle this offseason, and has been told to get ready for that spot.
- Dallas has two open spots on the offensive line with left guard Ronald Leary leaving in free agency and right tackle Doug Free retiring.
- Collins has had his ups and downs at left guard since arriving in Dallas as an undrafted free agent out of LSU in 2015, with PFF grades of 67.3 and 42.1 in 2015 and 2016, respectively.
- Collins excelled in pass protection at left tackle in his final season in college, giving up just four total pressures on 312 pass-blocking snaps, good for a pass-blocking efficiency rating of 99.0.
- The move would give former Arizona Cardinals and New England Patriots guard Jonathan Cooper a chance to win the left guard spot, with Cooper producing a career-best PFF grade of 73.2 in 2016.