Kirkpatrick returns to OTAs with cast on
- Cincinnati Bengals crnerback Dre Kirkpatrick returned to limited on-field work Tuesday with a cast on the hand he broke this offseason just in time for the team’s mandatory minicamp.
- Kirkpatrick signed a five-year, $52.5 million contract in the offseason with the Bengals after testing free agency for the first time in his career.
- The team’s 2012 first-round pick out of Alabama has had an up-and-down career thus far, especially in the past two seasons, his first seasons as a starter, improving to a 74.7 PFF grade in 2016 after a 39.6 grade in 2015.
- The increase of 35.1 is the fourth-highest of any cornerback last season to play enough snaps to be ranked the past two years.
- Although Kirkpatrick was tied for the league lead (with Vernon Hargreaves III) in missed tackles by a cornerback with 14 last season, and 30 missed tackles over the past two seasons (with Antwon Blake).
- After the Bengals’ Week 9 Bye, Kirkpatrick allowed the sixth-lowest passer rating in the league (50.3) and played the most coverage snaps by a CB to not allow a touchdown.