Kareem Hunt's an elusive addition to the Chiefs backfield
- The Chiefs traded picks 104, 132 and 245 in the 2017 draft to select Toledo’s Kareem Hunt with the 86th overall pick last month.
- Hunt had a prolific career for the Rockets, grading positively every game a season ago, generating 986 rushing yards after contact and not recording a single drop in the passing game.
- His elusive rating of 112.1 ranked him third among all FBS running backs with a minimum of 187 carries.
- Despite the potential Hunt possesses, the Chiefs are planning on keeping veteran Spencer Ware as their lead back to start 2017, per a report by ESPN’s Adam Tiecher.
- Ware emerged as the Chiefs’ best running back late in 2015 and since then has forced 51 missed tackles on 310 carries, generating an impressive 3.1 yards per carry after contact.