Jets cut WR Devin Smith
- The Jets waived former second round pick Devin Smith on Monday.
- Smith’s first two seasons have been marred by injuries, playing just 360 total snaps in two seasons.
- In 2015, the season in which Smith played the most, he struggled to get on the same page as his quarterback. His WR rating (the passer rating generated by aiming at one receiver) of 22.6 was the lowest of the seven Jets receivers who received a target.
- In 2015, of all receivers in the NFL to receiver 20 or more targets, that 22.6 WR rating was the lowest of 200 qualifying receivers.
- Devin Smith was drafted to be a vertical threat, but has so far failed to live up to those expectations. On 15 career targets on deep balls he has only one catch for 16 yards and a touchdown with two drops.