Jamaal Charles wants to compete in Denver
- Newly acquired Denver Broncos RB Jamaal Charles said per ESPN that he wants to, “show up and compete with my teammates and show them that I am good and still at the top of my career.”
- Charles played just 27 snaps in 2016 after coming off a season in which he only played 263 snaps in 2015. It has been two seasons since Charles has been healthy and a season long contributor.
- In his last fully healthy season in 2014, Charles ranked sixth among 42 qualifying backs with a 55.8 elusiveness rating. Elusiveness rating boils down a runner’s success beyond the point of being helped by his blockers.
- In his last two fully healthy seasons in 2013 and 2014, Charles combined for 32 runs of 15 or more yards, third most of any back in that time span.
- Before going down with an injury in 2015 Charles averaged 1.26 yards per route run, which ranked 35th out of 57 qualifying backs.