Jags WR Marqise Lee is trending up as he enters contract year
- In 2016, Jacksonville Jaguars WR Marqise Lee posted a personal best PFF grade of 76.5.
- Once described as an “albino tiger” due to injuries preventing him from practicing, Lee played in all 16 games for the first time in 2016 setting a career-high in snaps played with 816.
- Of Jaguars receivers who had more than 50 targets thrown their way, Lee led the group in passer rating on intended targets with a rating of 78.4.
- Lee also showed an ability to create in space as his 5.6 yards after the catch (YAC) per reception ranked 14th among 118 eligible wide receivers. In particular, he excelled on crossing routes where he averaged 10.3 YAC on his 13 receptions on crossing routes.
- Another encouraging sign for Lee was that his drop rate in 2016 was a career-low figure of 8.7 percent despite a career-high 69 catchable passes thrown his way. That ranked 58th among 96 eligible receivers, which indicates there is still room for growth.
- With the Jaguars counting on their young supporting cast to help QB Blake Bortles, and Lee entering a contract year, another leap in 2017 would be beneficial for both sides.