J.J. Watt working with no restrictions at Texans OTAs
- J.J. Watt said that he is feeling “very, very good” and that he has no restrictions relating to his back injury.
- Watt played just 167 snaps last season, missing 13 weeks of the season due to a back injury.
- In the PFF era Watt has earned the three highest single-season grades ever given out to an interior defender, with 2013 being his best as he earned a 98.8 grade.
- In his last healthy season, he led all 3-4 defensive ends with a 12.2 pass-rush productivity score, and the 90-total pressures he tallied were 12 more than the next closest defender.
- In the PFF era no qualifying 3-4 defensive end has ever had a higher run-stop percentage than Watt did in 2012. He finished with a 17.1 percent run-stop percentage, while his 52 run stops were the most among any lineman in the NFL that year.