Inman likely to miss 6 weeks after surgery
- Los Angeles Chargers receiver Dontrelle Inman will miss up to six weeks this offseason following surgery to repair an injured core muscle, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
- Inman ran a team-high 357 routes from the slot last season. Despite the volume, he managed just 22 slot receptions for 343 yards and two touchdowns.
- His 0.94 slot receiving yards per route run ranked 42nd in the league (minimum 131 slot routes).
- Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers had a 90.6 QB rating when targeting Inman last season.
- Inman will have to battle to retain a spot in a crowded Chargers’ receiving corps that returns Keenan Allen from injury and features first-round pick Mike Williams.