If healthy, Giants' RB depth looks to be improved from last season
- It was reported on Tuesday that Orleans Darkwa and Shane Vereen are on track to be healthy for the upcoming season.
- Despite only having 181 snaps between them due to in injury in 2016, early in the season, Darkwa was playing an average of 24 percent of snaps, and Vereen saw 35 percent.
- When used in 2016, Vereen played just 70 percent of passing plays and 30 percent of run plays — down from 83 percent of pass plays in 2015.
- On just 19 pass-blocking attempts, Vereen allowed three hurries — two more than teammate Paul Perkins surrendered on 32 pass blocks.
- Darkwa averaged 2.53 yards after contact per attempt, most among Giants running backs in 2016.