Giants sign veteran DT Corbin Bryant
- On Thursday, the Giants added to their defensive interior with the signing of defensive tackle Corbin Bryant. The team cut center Khaled Holmes, who did not play a regular season snap as an NFL free agent in 2016.
- Corbin Bryant has played 1590 snaps over his six seasons in the NFL – showing versatility playing over both the center and guard.
- 2015 was Bryant’s most effective season where he earned a 73.9 overall grade – He notched 22 run stops leading to a 74.3 grade in run defense.
- That year for Buffalo, Bryant also posted an 8.4 run stop percentage – 23rd of 71 defensive tackles.
- The move is mostly for depth as the Giants drafted Alabama DT Dalvin Tomlinson in the second round of the 2017 NFL draft to replace the departed Jonathan Hankins. They also have young Jay Bromley and Robert Thomas looking to prove themselves next to Damon Harrison in 2017.