Giants coach believes in Paul Perkins
- New York Giants running back coach Craig Johnson said to ESPN about Paul Perkins, “he ended last season playing like a guy that is ready to take over the job.”
- Perkins finished 2016 with a PFF overall grade of 67.8, 40th among all running backs.
- His 28.2 elusiveness rating, which measures his effectiveness outside of what his offensive line generates for him, ranked 38th among 53 qualifying backs.
Perkins only averaged 2.24 yards after contact his rookie year, finishing 43rd out of 53 qualifying backs.
- Perkins struggled to have big runs, only 3 of his 112 carries went for 15 yards or more
- On his 131 routes run in 2016, he averaged 1.24 yards per route run, third out of four running backs on the team. He did excel as a pass blocker however, his 97.6 pass blocking efficiency ranked tied for 4th best out of 62 qualifiers.