Free agent RB Christine Michael visits New England
- On Tuesday, the Patriots hosted former Packers running back Christine Michael.
- Michael ranked 49th out of 62 qualified running backs last season with an overall grade of 65.8. That was the second-lowest overall grade of his career, just above his 2014 season, when he finished at 64.0.
- Michael started the season with a large role in Seattle (averaged 40.4 snaps per game over his first seven games) but then it started to shrink for a couple of weeks before they released him, allowing him to sign with Green Bay, who used him in a reduced role (Michael averaged just 11.4 snaps a game over his final 13 games – playoffs included).
- Michael finished the season ranked 14th among 53 qualified HBs with a 50.8 elusive rating in 2016 (elusive rating distills the impact of a runner with the ball independently of the blocking in front of him by looking at how hard he was to bring down). Michael forced 23 missed tackles on 117 carries and his average of 2.68 yards after contact per attempt ranked 21st.
- Where Michael struggled last season was in the passing game. Through Week 10 (the last week he was with Seattle), Michael ranked 46th out of 48 qualified running backs with an average of just 0.65 yards per route run; from Week 11 through the end of the season the Packers just targeted him twice.