Eagles rookie WR Shelton Gibson in danger of being cut
- Philadelphia Eagles rookie WR Shelton Gibson is in danger of not making the 53-man roster.
- Gibson has struggled mightily in OTAs, dropping balls during team drills on a consistent basis, according to the Philly Voice.
- These reports come as a slight surprise given the wide receiver’s college production. The former West Virginia Mountaineer dropped only three passes during his final year, averaging 2.58 yards per route run (ranked 45th out of 264).
- Gibson did not drop a pass on 29 deep targets last season, accumulating the most deep receiving yards without a drop among FBS receivers.
- If the rookie is able to catch the ball more consistently in training camp, he could have a leg up on a roster spot over Nelson Agholor, Dorial Green-Beckham and Bryce Treggs.