Donnel Pumphrey getting reps with Eagles starters
- The Philadelphia Inquirer reports fourth-round RB Donnel Pumphrey, “keeps getting significant work with the 1s.”
- Pumphrey led the nation in attempts and yards, while forcing 74 missed tackles while rushing (third most among running backs).
- The diminutive ball-carrier also led college football with 38 runs of 15 yards or more, seven more than the next best player.
- The former San Diego State Aztec had a 47.0 breakaway percentage in 2016, ranking 11th at his position.
- The rookie was not as effective in the passing game during his final year of college. He averaged 1.17 yards per route run, 50th best among running backs.
- It appears as if the Eagles want to get Pumphrey involved in multiple phases of the game. Even if he generates minimal impact in 2017, Pumphrey’s future looks bright as the heir apparent to Darren Sproles.