Devin Smith to miss 2017 season after ACL tear
- Jets WR Devin Smith will miss the entire 2017 season with a torn ACL suffered during OTAs, the team announced Saturday.
- A prospect with devastating deep speed and sky-high potential, injuries have now limited Smith’s NFL career to just 360 snaps since being drafted, with 325 of those coming in the 2015 season.
- As a pro, Smith has seen 29 targets and caught only 10 of those passes for 115 yards and a touchdown, dropping three.
- His final season at Ohio State saw him see only 48 targets, but he caught 33 of them (68.8 percent) for 931 yards at a ridiculous 28.2-yard average, scoring 12 times and dropping just two balls.
- Smith was long on NFL potential, but he is now a long-shot to ever realize it after his second ACL tear.