Dante Fowler could be in line for a big 2017
- With various big-name additions to the Jaguars defense in recent years, a name flying under the radar is defensive end Dante Fowler.
- Selected third in the 2015 draft, Fowler missed his rookie year due to a torn ACL, but showed flashes of his potential in 2016.
- Many of those flashes came from the left, where Fowler spent 75 percent of his pass-rushing snaps. From that side, he recorded 22 of his hurries and 33 total pressures. Fowler’s left-side pass-rushing productivity of 9.3 was 25th among 53 qualified 4-3 ends.
- Fowler also contributed immediately defending the run as well. His run-stop percentage of 9.4 percent was ninth out of 52 qualifying defensive ends.
- Being another year removed from injury, 2017 is a year where Fowler could take his game to the next level. Having already shown an ability to stop the run, his continued development as an edge rusher will be crucial to the Jaguars’ defensive success.