Colts S Geathers still recovering from surgery
- With OTAs starting next week, Indianapolis Colts expected starting safety Clayton Geathers is still rehabbing from the injury that sent him to injured reserve after Week 11 last season.
- Geathers’ 90.3 run-defense grade was tied with Harrison Smith for sixth-best in the NFL last season.
- The second-year safety’s 9.1 run-stop percentage in 2016 was best on the Colts and sixth-best in the NFL.
- The Colts’ in the box safety only started Weeks 2-11, but he led the league in tackles by a player to play less than 600 snaps with 53.
- Geathers also had the fourth-most stops, the cumulative number of solo defensive tackles made which constitute an offensive failure, during that span.