Chiefs add cornerback depth, sign Bausby
- The Kansas City Chiefs signed free agent cornerback De’Vante Bausby Thursday to add depth to their secondary. The Chiefs didn’t draft a true corner in last week’s draft, only selecting USC safety Leon McQuay in the sixth round, with some intentions of playing him at nickel cornerback or dime linebacker in the future.
- Bausby saw some action (115 snaps) a season ago for Chicago, but struggled.
- In a Thursday game in Green Bay, he allowed 10 of 13 passes into his coverage to be completed, for 85 yards and a touchdown.
- He followed up that performance by allowing three of four passes into his coverage the next week to be complete against Jacksonville, for 53 yards and another touchdown.
- He joins a Chiefs secondary that has just two cornerbacks (Marcus Peters and Steven Nelson) with more than 1,000 career snaps.