Chargers WR Mike Williams out for the rest of OTAs
- Chargers first round draft pick wide receiver Mike Williams suffered a mild disc herniation in his lower back the first day of practice and will be out the rest of OTAs.
- Of all draft eligible receivers from a power 5 conference, Mike Williams finished second in yards per route run at 3.34.
- Mike Williams caught 14 of 15 catchable deep targets (passes over 20 yards) for 402 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Of power 5 receivers with at least 100 targets, Mike Williams finished with the eighth highest wide receiver rating with a mark of 111.3
- Mike Williams was almost exclusively lined up out wide, running only 4% of his routes from the slot in 2016.
- Williams was most successful running post routes. He caught 16 of 19 passes for 338 yards, 3 touchdowns and a wide receiver rating of 136.4.