Chargers offensive line struggled mightily in 2016
- The Chargers’ interior offensive line combined for the worst overall grade in the AFC West in 2016.
- Veteran guard Orlando Franklin pulled the Chargers’ average down significantly with his 47.5 overall grade (No. 66) though 919 offensive snaps last season.
- Former Chargers guard D.J. Fluker also put forth a lackluster effort in 2016, posting a 63.7 overall grade (No. 54) through 996 offensive snaps.
- With Fluker now signed to the New York Giants, 2016 seventh-round pick Donavon Clark is expected to start at right guard for the Chargers. Clark missed his entire rookie season with a torn ACL.
- Center Matt Slauson, however, shined as the lone bright spot for the Chargers last season with his 81.2 overall grade (No. T-18) through 1,019 offensive snaps.