Buffalo hosts former Brown, free agent TE Gary Barnidge
- The Bills have been in the market for a tight end all offseason and with only two tight ends on the roster that took any snaps in the 2016 season, former Browns TE Gary Barnidge would add vital depth to the position group.
- In 2016, Barnidge ranked 25th out of 63 qualified tight ends with an overall grade of 70.6.
- He ranked 10th out of 67 qualified tight ends in 2015 with an overall grade of 80.5 while his 82.2 receiving grade ranked fourth.
- Despite the dip from 2016 to 2016, Barnidge did show improvement in pass protection as he led all tight ends in 2016 with a pass blocking grade of 76.0.
- Last year, Barnidge was asked to stay in and pass protect on 123 snaps, the most among all tight ends. Barnidge allowed just three total QB pressures all year, giving him a pass blocking efficiency rating of 98.0 (PBE measures pressure allowed on a per-snap basis with weighting towards sacks) which ranked first among the 20 tight ends who stayed in to pass block on at least 50 snaps.
- Barnidge is still set to visit with Jacksonville and Carolina before being expected to sign a contract with either team.