Bruce Irvin pushes for Raiders to bring Perry Riley back
- Oakland Raiders LB Bruce Irvin continued his effort to recruit players for the Raiders, tweeting that he wants Perry Riley back with the team.
- Riley was picked up by the Raiders from Washington in 2016 but is currently a free agent, not having been offered a new contract by the team.
- He performed well in coverage ranking sixth among inside linebackers in cover snaps per reception with 13.8 snaps per reception. Coverage by the linebackers has been a weak area for the Raiders.
- Riley’s overall grade of 84.8 was the highest of his career, and a significant improvement on the previous three years when he didn’t grade above 50.0, dipping as low as 36.9 in 2015.
- His run-defense grade of 81.0 was the highest on the Raiders behind Khalil Mack .