Browns HC Jackson committed to running the ball, says Crowell can get better
- Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson recently said that RB Isaiah Crowell can “take it to another level.” Jackson also pointed out he is committed to running the ball more in 2017.
- Crowell got off to a hot start in 2016 including as the top graded running back in Week 4 with a grade of 86.8. Crowell faded down the stretch and finished the season with just the 28th best grade out of 62 running backs at 70.8.
- He was very effective producing yards after contact earning the second highest average at 3.18 yards after contact per carry, out of running backs that carried the ball at least 165 times.
- Breakaway runs were a common feature to Crowell’s 2016 season. At 47.5 percent, he produced a higher percentage of his yards on breakaway runs (15-plus yard carries) than any other running back. Overall his 16 runs of 15 yards or more were the fourth most.
- Perhaps the best part of Crowell’s game in 2016 was as a receiver. His 76.2 receiving grade ranked 17th and his 1.5 yards per route run ranked 13th among running backs.