Broncos high on TE Derby for 2017
- The Denver Broncos are reportedly “very high” on what tight end A.J. Derby can do this season.
- Last year, Derby came over from the Patriots via trade, and his playing time spiked in Denver.
- While in New England, Derby was only on the field for 12.2 percent of the snaps. However in Denver, that number spiked to 46.5 percent.
- If he had qualified, Derby’s overall grade of 53.5 would have put him 42nd out of 63 tight ends, and his run-blocking grade of 69.8 would have ranked him 15th.
- In Weeks 9-15 with the Broncos, Derby’s 1.28 yards per route run ranked 49th out of 103 tight ends in that period.