Broncos bring in veteran RB Jamaal Charles for visit
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the Denver Broncos are “enthused” about former Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles’ scheduled visit with the team.
- The Broncos are looking to bolster their running game after a disappointing 2016 campaign from their stable of backs. Only Kapri Bibbs (traded to San Francisco) averaged over 2.5 yards after contact per attempt last season.
- Before an injury-riddled 2016 season, Charles posted healthy PFF grades in both 2014 (80.3) and 2015 (74.5).
- Charles’ 2015 grade was higher than any Broncos running back since C.J. Anderson’s breakout 2014 campaign.
- Anderson has struggled to maintain consistent production the last two years, seeing both his elusive rating and overall PFF grade decline each year since 2014. His elusive rating reached a career low 34.2 in 2016.