Bills rookie WR Zay Jones week-to-week with knee injury
- The Buffalo Bills announced Thursday that rookie WR Zay Jones suffered a knee injury that has him week-to-week.
- Jones was PFF’s fifth ranked wide receiver in the 2017 NFL draft and received the fourth-highest overall grade in the nation at his position last year at East Carolina (87.8).
- He also finished first in targets (216) and receptions (158) in 2016 as his reliable hands earned him the fourth-best drop rate in the country (3.66).
- The Bills added Jones to their overhaul of the wide receiver position that lost Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin and Justin Hunter this offseason, leaving 157 targets and 90 catches from 2016 unaccounted for.
- The second-round pick supplemented the additions of Andre Holmes, Corey Brown and Jeremy Butler in free agency, but the Bills will now have to wait before their physical rookie receiver can get back in the competition.