Bilal Powell to lead the charge from the Jets backfield
- Reports say RB Bilal Powell is expected to be the lead back in 2017 for the New York Jets.
- Powell ranked eighth among 62 qualified running backs last season with a 79.4 overall grade while he was sixth with a 78.3 running grade. Meanwhile, teammate Matt Forte ranked 22nd with an overall grade of 73.0 and 18th with a run grade of 71.7.
- From Week 10 forward, Powell posted a 70.6 elusiveness rating, which was third best among 48 qualifying running backs during that time. He also forced nine missed tackles on his 29 receptions which was one more than Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell did on his 39 receptions over that stretch.
- Powell averaged 3.24 yards after contact per attempt from Week 10 on which was fourth best among qualifying running backs. Despite 50 fewer carries than Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott, Powell forced four more missed tackles during that time period.
- The Jets used Powell heavily in the passing game as he ran 153 routes from Week 10 on, fifth most among all running backs.