Bears RB Jordan Howard to play at a lighter weight in 2017
- Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that Chicago Bears RB Jordan Howard has changed his diet and is lighter than he was during the 2016 season.
- Howard was a big rookie surprise in 2016 as his 81.0 overall grade ranked seventh out of 62 eligible running backs, instantly making him one of the more promising young backs in the NFL.
- His elusive rating of 55.2 ranked 10th out of 53 running backs with at least 83 carries. He forced a total of 52 missed tackles on 281 touches and averaged 2.98 yards after contact per carry.
- Howard also ranked in the top 10 in breakaway-percentage as 36.9 percent of his yardage came on runs of 15 yards or more. He had 19 total 15-plus yard runs, which ranked third.
- As a rookie, Howard was very effective in pass protection. His 80.7 pass-block grade ranked eighth and his pass-blocking efficiency of 97.4 ranked sixth out 62 eligible running backs. Howard allowed just two pressures on 62 total pass block snaps.