Bears CB LeBlanc looks to build on successful rookie year
- After being released by the Patriots during final cuts in 2016, the Bears added undrafted cornerback Cre’Von LeBlanc, who gave their secondary a boost as a rookie.
- The production was evident when LeBlanc played as a slot corner. He finished eighth among 52 eligible slot corners by allowing just 0.81 yards per coverage snap.
- In the slot, LeBlanc was also first in terms of coverage snaps per target with a mark of 8.6, and second among the 52 corners by playing 14.7 coverage snaps per reception allowed.
- LeBlanc also produced as a pass-rusher in limited usage. On 15 pass-rushing snaps, he produced seven total pressures, which led all corners in pass-rushing productivity.
- His success wasn’t just limited to the slot, as LeBlanc’s passer rating against of 82.7 was 32nd out of 119 eligible cornerbacks, and second among rookie corners.