Alterraun Verner reportedly out of shape at Jacksonville workout
- The Florida Times-Union reports that free agent CB Alterraun Verner was a ‘little out of shape’ when the team worked him out, and that they will likely have a do-over sometime down the line.
- The past three seasons has seen Verner work his way down the Bucs depth chart, playing in just 241 snaps in 2016 between injury and being a sub-package corner for the team.
- In 2016, on 28 targets, he allowed just 13 receptions (46.4 percent), but they gained 15.5 yards per reception.
- In the two previous seasons, Verner allowed a passer rating of over 100 when targeted and 68.6 and 70.5 percent completion percent respectively.
- Verner’s numbers and play had taken a significant nose dive since leaving Tennessee, with the lowest three graded seasons of his career all coming in Tampa Bay