Aaron Donald skipping OTAs over contract dispute
- The Los Angeles Rams have Donald under contract for two more years if they pick up his fifth-year option for 2018 on his rookie deal, but he is skipping OTAs as they reach the serious end of negotiations.
- Donald has had two of the six highest-graded seasons since 2006 by an interior defender, grading at 96.6 in 2015 (fifth overall) and 95.6 in 2016 (sixth overall).
- He also owns the second- (95.1), and third- (96.9) highest pass-rush grades for a season by an interior defender — only J.J. Watt has ever had a higher grade.
- The former Pittsburgh Panther is the only defensive tackle to rank in the top 10 in both run-stop percentage and pass-rush productivity in any of the past three seasons, with Donald doing it in all three years.
- Through his first three seasons in the league, no interior defender has registered more quarterback hurries than Donald.