Aaron Colvin worth keeping an eye on in Jaguars' secondary
- While the Jacksonville cornerback duo of Jalen Ramsey and A.J. Bouye makes headlines, Aaron Colvin is also a player to watch within the Jaguars’ secondary in 2017.
- Colvin is projected to be the Jaguars’ third corner in nickel packages, and was highly productive in the 10 games he played in 2016.
- In coverage, Colvin was one of the stingiest corners in the league. The 0.75 yards per coverage snap he allowed tied for the fifth-lowest mark amongst 117 eligible cornerbacks in 2016. Exclusively in the slot, Colvin allowed 0.78 yards per coverage snap, good for fifth amongst 52 eligible slot corners.
- In both the 2015 and 2016 seasons, Colvin was productive when asked to rush the passer. On a combined 53 pass-rushing snaps, he has accounted for 13 QB pressures, hovering among the top 10 corners in pass-rushing productivity.
- 2017 is a contract year for Colvin, and if he can sustain the potential he’s shown in spurts over a whole season, it would be extremely beneficial for both the Jaguars and his future.