A healthy Abdullah would sit atop the Lions' depth chart
- When healthy, Ameer Abdullah is the Detroit Lions’ best option at running back.
- “I feel like I’m a better player than whoever they were going to bring in,” Abdullah said when asked about the Lions’ interest in running backs this offseason.
- Abdullah missed all but the first two weeks in 2016 after tearing a ligament in his foot, but was off to a great start, with the second-best elusive rating in the league until that point (144.9).
- The former Nebraska Cornhusker’s 83.3 receiving grade would have ranked him fourth-best in the league last season if he played enough snaps to qualify.
- Since becoming the starter in Week 12 of 2015 until his injury, Abdullah ranked 10th in the NFL with 414 rushing yards.
- He showed improvement in the passing game in 2016 by being one of only five RBs to not allow a sack or drop a pass in the first two weeks last season.