5 things you need to know for Tuesday
Hey there football fans! Here’s the top 5 things you need to know to start your Tuesday off right:
- PFF has begun our countdown of our top 50 players for the upcoming season, and PFF Senior Analyst Sam Monson has you covered for players 50 through 31. The list so far features a quarterback who has thrown for over 5,000 yards multiple times, a rookie rusher, the best run stuffing interior defender, and two star NFC West defensive players.
- PFF’s Josh Liskiewitz put together a list of the longest tenured players for each AFC team. Offensive players take 10 of the 16 top spots, but only two of those players are quarterbacks. No less that five offensive linemen have stuck on their teams the longest.
- Recently released Jeremy Maclin is in preliminary talks to join the Bills. RB LeSean McCoy has been actively recruiting him. Maclin was one of the most consistent receivers in the league before his production took a dip in 2016.
- Rob Gronkowski is looking like his old self, at least according to OC Josh McDaniels. Gronk himself says that, “everything feels good,” which is a good sign for the Patriots. When he was healthy, Gronkowski dominated pretty much every major statistic for tight ends, and even a few receiver categories.
- PFF Fantasy writer Dan Schneier breaks down our latest mock draft. The PFF team recently completed a 16 round PPR Draft for all of you large league players. Even in a PPR league, there are only so many running backs, and you’ll need to get one early to better your chances at winning it all in 2017.