5 things you need to know for Saturday
Hey football fans! Here are five things from yesterday that you need to know to start off your weekends:
- The Bengals’ Jones was suspended for one game. The Cincinnati Bengals‘ Adam Jones was suspended for one game for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. Jones, despite being 33 years old, is quite clearly the best cornerback on the Bengals.
- Philip Rivers believes that Allen is back to pre-injury form. Los Angeles Chargers QB Philip Rivers believes that WR Keenan Allen looks like he’s back to the level of play he attained before he tore his ACL last year. The Chargers would certainly love to have their top wide receiver back on the field.
- The Jets have signed first-round pick Adams. The New York Jets have inked S Jamal Adams to a four-year contract. Adams was PFF’s top safety prospect in the 2017 draft and became the sixth-overall pick.
- The Patriots seem “serious” about keeping Garoppolo. The New England Patriots seemingly want to hang on to QB Jimmy Garoppolo. Whether Patriots brass truly believe Garoppolo can be great or they do want to trade him, regardless his value continues to rise.
- Will Washington’s pass catchers live up to their fantasy hype? Despite major losses to the personnel group, the Washington receivers corps have been popular selections in fantasy football leagues. PFF’s Curtis Patrick finds that the data just doesn’t support the ADP of multiple Washington wide receivers.