5 things you need to know for Saturday
Hey there football fans! Here are five things you need to know from yesterday to start off your weekends:
- CB Jalen Ramsey underwent surgery. After an effective start to his career, Ramsey is now on the mend, although he is expected to be ready for the start of the 2017 season. Ramsey graded out as the 21st ranked cornerback out of 111 qualifying players in 2016.
- Jaylon Smith is ready to play football. After missing his rookie year, LB Jaylon Smith is mentally ready to go for the Cowboys. How much he plays will remain a mystery going forward, but it sounds like the plan is for the very talented linebacker to play this year.
- The Ravens plan to use Jeremy Maclin out of the slot. Maclin has a strong history of making plays out of the slot, including having the fourth most touchdowns out of the slot since 2014. After losing Steve Smith Sr. to retirement, Kamar Aiken to the Colts, and Dennis Pitta to injury, there’s going to plenty of work to go around.
- Mike Zimmer believes that Dalvin Cook has a chance to be special. Cook was a big play waiting to happen in college and his ability to break tackles should help him continue to be so in the NFL. The Vikings could use more big running plays after being the worst in the league in runs of 15 yards or more in 2016.
- Some players are moving up and down the ADP list. We are still around two months away from fantasy football draft season to be in full effect, but that’s not stopping players from flying up and down the draft boards. Possibly the most shocking trend right now is the top six players seeing their ADP rise the most are all 30 years old or older, including 3 running backs.