5 things you need to know for Monday
By Alejandro Chavez • Jul 10, 2017HOUSTON, TX - MAY 13: DeAndre Hopkins #10 of the Houston Texans celebrates his home run during the JJ Watt Charity Softball Game at Minute Maid Park on May 13, 2017 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)
Hey there football fans! Here are five things you need to know to begin your Mondays:
- Willie Snead is primed for an increased role. With Brandin Cooks traded away to the Patriots, the second wide receiver role is there for the taking for Snead. If he manages to secure the job, he could also see his fantasy value increase.
- Todd Gurley loves the new offense. The former first-round pick has been pleased thus far with new head coach Sean McVay’s offense. Gurley took a step back in production last year, but he’s still supremely talented and will likely be a major part of the offense going forward.
- Derrick Henry has been progressing in his second offseason. DeMarco Murray is still expected to take the majority of carries for the Titans this year, but Henry has been impressive in the offseason program this year. Henry was effective in just about everything the Titans asked him to do last year.
- Star Lotulelei’s future with the Panthers is uncertain. Lotulelei will have to wait until after this season to see if he’ll be offered a contract extension with Carolina. His career began well, but he’s seen his production slip the last two years.
- Which players are going to be the top fantasy scorers in 2017? PFF’s Dan Clasgens brought you a list of the most likely players to score the most points at their positions. He also included some players who might not be the favorites to do so, but do have an outside chance.