5 things you need to know for Monday
By Alejandro Chavez • Jul 24, 2017KANSAS CITY, MO - DECEMBER 18: Quarterback Marcus Mariota #8 of the Tennessee Titans in action during the game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium on December 18, 2016 in Kansas City, Missouri. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)
Hey there football fans! Here are five things you need to know from yesterday to start off your week:
- Kansas City Chiefs OLB Tamba Hali is unhappy with his 2016 role. Hali took to twitter to voice concerns over his ever-dwindling snap count. Hali was still a highly effective player even in limited snaps for the Chiefs last year.
- The Dallas Cowboys believe they will come to an extension with G Zack Martin. The Cowboys think that the deal will be finished before the end of training camp. Martin was the second-highest graded guard in the NFL last year and has always graded highly in his three-year career.
- Carson Palmer won’t play in the Hall of Fame game. The Arizona Cardinals signal caller won’t be seen in the annual Hall of Fame game that proceeds the preseason by one week. Palmer is purposely limiting the amount of throws he puts on his arm this offseason after experiencing “dead arm” last year.
- Marcus Mariota doing “everything” in advance of camp. The Tennessee Titans quarterback is recovering from a broken leg injury he suffered late last season but looks good to go for training camp. Mariota had a streaky season last year, but his best games ranked very highly and point towards a bright future.
- Who are the highest-upside fantasy quarterbacks at every average draft position? PFF’s Dan Clasgens examined which of the lower ranked quarterbacks (anyone going, on average, after round 4) were primed to break out in the upcoming year. If you can find one, a mid-to-late round fantasy quarterback that delivers top tier performance can really solidify your fantasy team.