PFF Fantasy Job Announcement: Lead Writer
Over the last five years, the Fantasy division at ProFootballFocus.com has gone from a relative unknown to an industry powerhouse. This culminated in 2014 when PFF Fantasy’s unique data and compelling content beat out several major competitors for the Fantasy Sports Trade Association’s Best Single Sport Specialization Site Award.
Now it’s your turn to get involved. PFF Fantasy is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic fantasy analyst to join our team as a Lead Fantasy Writer. If you’re a passionate writer, this is an incredible opportunity with a quickly growing and well-respected company in the fantasy sports industry. The Lead Writer will also have a chance for television work and the potential to contribute on a national platform.
• Devise and conduct independent research
• Write articles to support PFF content and the PFF Fantasy Gold product
• Devise and execute unique and engaging offseason and in-season series ideas
• Provide re-draft and dynasty rankings both in-season and in the offseason
• Collaborate with fantasy staff to develop new content
• Appear on PFF fantasy podcast and video content
The successful candidate must have:
• 3-5 years of experience in the fantasy sports or mainstream sports industry
• Demonstrable expertise in fantasy football and the NFL
• Passion for football, fantasy sports, and PFF
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Experience on podcasts and/or video
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work around the NFL schedule
Preference will be given to candidates with some or all of the following:
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year school
• Ability to use MS Excel and/or other analysis software
• Knowledge of playing daily fantasy sports (DFS)
• Understanding of defense and IDP leagues
This is a part-time position with compensation on a per-article basis. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. While the position will start out as part-time, we plan to hire a full-timer within the next 7-10 months.