Packers open up 2nd round with defense, selecting CB Kevin King
- The Green Bay Packers opened the second round of the NFL draft by selecting Washington cornerback Kevin King.
- King averaged 13.7 coverage snaps per reception in 2016, third among draft-eligible Pac-12 CBs.
- Over the past three years, King was targeted on 36 deep passes (20-plus yards in air) without giving up a TD.
- QBs had a passer rating of 55.6 when targeting King in 2016, third-best among draft-eligible Pac-12 CBs.
- No Packers cornerback slated to start in 2017 graded at 59.0 or higher last season.