Fantasy football rankings: Flex top 150 for Week 8
It’s Wednesday and that means it’s time to start making your start and sit decisions for your fantasy football lineups. One of the best resources to help you is our flex fantasy football rankings for Week 8 of the NFL season. Remember that rankings change throughout the week, so be sure to check our staff rankings for updates.
1. Todd Gurley, LAR vs GB (RB1) — Gurley is on a historic pace and is showing no signs of slowing down.
2. Kareem Hunt, KC vs DEN (RB2) — The high-powered Kansas City offense continues to open things up for Hunt.
3. Saquon Barkley, NYG vs WAS (RB3) — New York is struggling, but it doesn’t matter for Barkley.
4. James Conner, PIT vs CLE (RB4) — Le’Veon Bell still hasn’t returned, so expect another full dose of Conner this week.
5. Adam Thielen, MIN vs NO (WR1) — Seven straight 100-yard games and he gets to face P.J. Williams this week.
6. Joe Mixon, CIN vs TB (RB5) — Gamescript hindered Mixon last week, but he bounces back in a big way in this one.
7. Antonio Brown, PIT vs CLE (WR2) — Brown is tied for the league lead in end-zone targets with 11, and that means touchdown upside.
8. James White, NE @ BUF (RB6) — With Sony Michel banged up, White projects to see a ton of work this week.
9. A.J. Green, CIN vs TB (WR3) — He has double-digit targets in each of his last three games and gets an extremely favorable matchup.
10. David Johnson, ARI vs SF (RB7) — He hasn’t rushed for over 100 yards in a game this season, but Johnson did score twice on the ground in his last meeting against San Francisco.
11. Alvin Kamara, NO @ MIN (RB8) — This is a tough matchup, but Kamara figures to see plenty of work.
12. Tyreek Hill, KC vs DEN (WR4) — Hill’s upside is enormous even in this matchup against Chris Harris.
13. Michael Thomas, NO @ MIN (WR5) — Thomas should see a shadow from Xavier Rhodes, but that’s no reason to fade him this week.
14. DeAndre Hopkins, HOU vs MIA (WR6) — Hopkins performed well despite tough matchups over the last two weeks. He draws a much more favorable matchup in this one.
15. Davante Adams, GB @ LAR (WR7) — He has six scores through his first six games and could very well add to that total this week.
16. Christian McCaffrey, CAR vs BAL (RB9) — McCaffrey’s volume as a runner has declined, but he continues to be an RB1 thanks to his involvement in the passing game.
17. Odell Beckham Jr., NYG vs WAS (WR8) — Beckham is starting to come to life.
18. Robert Woods, LAR vs GB (WR9) — Gamescript hasn’t favored the Rams passing game over the last few weeks, but Woods is still in play as a WR1 option.
19. Tarik Cohen, CHI vs NYJ (RB10) — The Bears are feeding Cohen as a receiver and there’s a case to be made for him as a fringe RB1 this week.
20. Brandin Cooks, LAR vs GB (WR10) — Like Woods, Cooks can be a victim of gamescript, but he’s still worth of WR1 consideration in the Rams explosive offense.
21. Travis Kelce, KC vs DEN (TE1) — Kelce scored and racked up 78 yards on seven catches in his previous meeting against Denver this season.
22. JuJu Smith-Schuster, PIT vs CLE (WR11) — Look for the volume to continue for Smith-Schuster this week.
23. Stefon Diggs, MIN vs NO (WR12) — He’s the one of the biggest boom-or-bust options in the league, but this is a very favorable matchup.
24. Emmanuel Sanders, DEN @ KC (WR13) — Sanders has emerged as the clear No. 1 receiver in Denver.
25. Mike Evans, TB @ CIN (WR14) — Evans is coming off a 100-yard game and is in the mix as a borderline WR1 play.
26. Zach Ertz, PHI @ JAC (TE2) — Volume is king in fantasy football, and Ertz is seeing a ton of it.
27. Jarvis Landry, CLE @ PIT (WR15) — Landry bounced back last week and is in the front-end WR2 mix against the Steelers.
28. Phillip Lindsay, DEN @ KC (RB11) — There’s still a committee in the Denver backfield, but Lindsay has consistently shown the higher fantasy ceiling.
29. Marlon Mack, IND @ OAK (RB12) — Mack exploded in Week 7 and is in consideration as a borderline RB1 against the Raiders this week.
30. Nick Chubb, CLE @ PIT (RB14) — The Lions finally gave Johnson a full workload last week and he responded with a big day on the ground.
31. Kerryon Johnson, DET vs SEA (RB14)
32. Tyler Boyd, CIN vs TB (WR16)
33. Isaiah Crowell, NYJ @ CHI (RB15)
34. Golden Tate, DET vs SEA (WR17)
35. T.Y. Hilton, IND @ OAK (WR18)
36. Adrian Peterson, WAS @ NYG (RB16)
37. George Kittle, SF @ ARI (TE3)
38. Julian Edelman, NE @ BUF (WR19)
39. Lamar Miller, HOU vs MIA (RB17) — Miller had his best game of the season last week, but don’t get too carried away with him.
40. John Brown, BAL @ CAR (WR20)
41. Doug Baldwin, SEA @ DET (WR21)
42. Jordan Howard, CHI vs NYJ (RB18)
43. Kenny Golladay, DET vs SEA (WR22)
44. Josh Gordon, NE @ BUF (WR23)
45. Chris Carson, SEA @ DET (RB19)
46. T.J. Yeldon, JAC vs PHI (RB20)
47. Chris Thompson, WAS @ NYG (RB21)
48. Mark Ingram, NO @ MIN (RB22)
49. Alex Collins, BAL @ CAR (RB23)
50. Will Fuller, HOU vs MIA (WR24) — With Keke Coutee banged up, look for Fuller to see a bigger workload Thursday night.
51. Demaryius Thomas, DEN @ KC (WR25)
52. Jalen Richard, OAK vs IND (RB24)
53. Tyler Lockett, SEA @ DET (WR26)
54. Chris Ivory, BUF vs NE (RB25)
55. Eric Ebron, IND @ OAK (TE4)
56. Alshon Jeffery, PHI @ JAC (WR27)
57. Kenyan Drake, MIA @ HOU (RB26)
58. Raheem Mostert, SF @ ARI (RB27) — Mostert is a sneaky add this week who is in the flex conversation with Matt Breida banged up.
59. Michael Crabtree, BAL @ CAR (WR28)
60. Marvin Jones, DET vs SEA (WR29)
61. Doug Martin, OAK vs IND (RB28)
62. Duke Johnson, CLE @ PIT (RB29)
63. Allen Robinson, CHI vs NYJ (WR30)
64. Jared Cook, OAK vs IND (TE5)
65. Corey Clement, PHI @ JAC (RB30)
66. David Njoku, CLE @ PIT (TE6)
67. Taylor Gabriel, CHI vs NYJ (WR31)
68. Devin Funchess, CAR vs BAL (WR32) — Funchess is seeing a healthy target share this season, but this is a tough matchup against a very good Ravens secondary.
69. Jordy Nelson, OAK vs IND (WR33)
70. Wendell Smallwood, PHI @ JAC (RB31)
71. Latavius Murray, MIN vs NO (RB32)
72. Frank Gore, MIA @ HOU (RB33)
73. Sterling Shepard, NYG vs WAS (WR34)
74. Kenjon Barner, NE @ BUF (RB34)
75. Javorius Allen, BAL @ CAR (RB35)
76. DeSean Jackson, TB @ CIN (WR35)
77. Trey Burton, CHI vs NYJ (TE7)
78. Ronald Jones II, TB @ CIN (RB36) — We may finally see Jones in a full-time role with Peyton Barber banged up this week.
79. Sammy Watkins, KC vs DEN (WR36)
80. Chris Godwin, TB @ CIN (WR37)
81. Geronimo Allison, GB @ LAR (WR38)
82. Aaron Jones, GB @ LAR (RB37)
83. Christian Kirk, ARI vs SF (WR39)
84. Jimmy Graham, GB @ LAR (TE8)
85. Larry Fitzgerald, ARI vs SF (WR40)
86. Robby Anderson, NYJ @ CHI (WR41)
87. Nyheim Hines, IND @ OAK (RB38) — Hines’ fantasy stock is fading with the emergence of Marlon Mack.
88. Danny Amendola, MIA @ HOU (WR42)
89. Royce Freeman, DEN @ KC (RB39)
90. O.J. Howard, TB @ CIN (TE9)
91. Tre’Quan Smith, NO @ MIN (WR43) — The Saints used Smith as their No. 2 wideout last week. He’s a sneaky play this week.
92. Marquise Goodwin, SF @ ARI (WR44)
93. Dede Westbrook, JAC vs PHI (WR45)
94. Nelson Agholor, PHI @ JAC (WR46)
95. Donte Moncrief, JAC vs PHI (WR47)
96. Courtland Sutton, DEN @ KC (WR48)
97. Jordan Reed, WAS @ NYG (TE10)
98. Keelan Cole, JAC vs PHI (WR49)
99. Alfred Morris, SF @ ARI (RB40)
100. Willie Snead, BAL @ CAR (WR50)
101. Mike Davis, SEA @ DET (RB41)
102. Kelvin Benjamin, BUF vs NE (WR51)
103. Chris Hogan, NE @ BUF (WR52)
104. Martavis Bryant, OAK vs IND (WR53) — Bryant is now the No. 2 in Oakland, but it’s too risky to trust him this week.
105. Randall Cobb, GB @ LAR (WR54)
106. Kyle Juszczyk, SF @ ARI (RB42)
107. Ty Montgomery, GB @ LAR (RB43)
108. Jermaine Kearse, NYJ @ CHI (WR55)
109. C.J. Uzomah, CIN vs TB (TE11)
110. Vance McDonald, PIT vs CLE (TE12)
111. Jakeem Grant, MIA @ HOU (WR56) — Keep an eye on how the Dolphins use Grant this week. He’s the most likely player to replace Albert Wilson.
112. Chester Rogers, IND @ OAK (WR57)
113. Carlos Hyde, JAC vs PHI (RB44)
114. Evan Engram, NYG vs WAS (TE13)
115. DeVante Parker, MIA @ HOU (WR58)
116. Antonio Callaway, CLE @ PIT (WR59)
117. Andre Roberts, NYJ @ CHI (WR60)
118. Kyle Rudolph, MIN vs NO (TE14)
119. Pierre Garcon, SF @ ARI (WR61)
120. Josh Doctson, WAS @ NYG (WR62)
121. Greg Olsen, CAR vs BAL (TE15)
122. David Moore, SEA @ DET (WR63)
123. Trenton Cannon, NYJ @ CHI (RB45) — The rookie could get some extra run this week with Bilal Powell banged up.
124. Damion Ratley, CLE @ PIT (WR64)
125. Seth Roberts, OAK vs IND (WR65)
126. Anthony Miller, CHI vs NYJ (WR66)
127. Cameron Meredith, NO @ MIN (WR67)
128. LeGarrette Blount, DET vs SEA (RB46)
129. Zay Jones, BUF vs NE (WR68)
130. D.J. Moore, CAR vs BAL (WR69)
131. Benjamin Watson, NO @ MIN (TE16)
132. Charles Clay, BUF vs NE (TE17)
133. Marcus Murphy, BUF vs NE (RB47)
134. Adam Humphries, TB @ CIN (WR70)
135. Alfred Blue, HOU vs MIA (RB48)
136. Jamaal Williams, GB @ LAR (RB49) — Like it or not, there’s still a committee in Green Bay.
137. Josh Reynolds, LAR vs GB (WR71)
138. Rashaad Penny, SEA @ DET (RB50)
139. Ricky Seals-Jones, ARI vs SF (TE18)
140. Chris Herndon IV, NYJ @ CHI (TE19)
141. Cooper Kupp, LAR vs GB (WR72) — Kupp’s ranking will obviously go way up if he’s cleared to play this week.
142. Marquez Valdes-Scantling, GB @ LAR (WR73)
143. Laquon Treadwell, MIN vs NO (WR74)
144. Cameron Brate, TB @ CIN (TE20)
145. Trent Taylor, SF @ ARI (WR75)
146. Dallas Goedert, PHI @ JAC (TE21)
147. Chris Conley, KC vs DEN (WR76)
148. Chad Williams, ARI vs SF (WR77)
149. Maurice Harris, WAS @ NYG (WR78)
150. Cordarrelle Patterson, NE @ BUF (WR79)
(READ MORE: Pat Thorman looks at which games in Week 8 are the most likely to have a lot of snaps, leading to fantasy potential. Scott Barrett examines the efficiency of players based on the work they are getting.)