Flex rankings for Week 17 of the fantasy season
It’s a weird week. The Giants and Steelers are expected to rest some of their starters, and we could see similar situations play out elsewhere. We also have a ton of injuries altering that fantasy landscape. With so much in flux, remember to check back on Friday for updates. Of course, you can always check out our staff rankings for all weekly rankings. Here’s the final flex rankings for the season:
(Updated Dec. 30. Change from Wednesday’s rankings are given in parentheses.)
1. (0) David Johnson, ARI (RB1) – This year’s No. 1 fantasy running back topped 20 total touchdowns last week.
2. (2) LeSean McCoy, BUF (RB2) — It’s a great matchup, but there is some risk that the Bills shut down McCoy early.
3. (2) Jordy Nelson, GB (WR1) — He’s fantasy’s No. 1 receiver over the last month.
4. (2) Devonta Freeman, ATL (RB3) — Look for the Falcons to lean heavily on the run game this week.
5. (-2) Mike Evans, TB (WR2) — Evans needs nine catches to hit 100 for the season.
6. (-4) Jordan Howard, CHI (RB4) — The rookie enters the week ninth among running backs in fantasy scoring.
7. (3) DeMarco Murray, TEN (RB5) — He’s second in the NFL in rushing, and needs just one score to reach double-digits on the ground.
8. (0) T.Y. Hilton, IND (WR3) — He leads all receivers in yards with 1,353 on the season.
9. (15) LeGarrette Blount, NE (RB6) — Blount currently leads all running backs with 17 rushing touchdowns.
10. (7) Spencer Ware, KC (RB7) — Perhaps too little, too late, but Ware gets a fantastic matchup this week.
11. (5) Julio Jones, ATL (WR4) — He’s banged up, but fantasy owners need to start Jones any time he plays.
12. (-1) Doug Baldwin, SEA (WR5) — With Tyler Lockett out, Baldwin should continue to see increased volume.
13. (0) Robert Kelley, WAS (RB8) — With Washington’s playoff hopes still alive, look for the Redskins to keep riding Kelley.
14. (-7) DeAngelo Williams, PIT (RB9) – With the Steelers resting Le’Veon Bell, Williams figures to be the workhorse this weekend.
15. (-3) Brandin Cooks, NO (WR6) — Cooks gets a great matchup and offers explosive upside.