Why Jonathan Allen is perfect fit for Bears at No. 3 overall
- Mitch Unrein, who is currently projected to open 2017 as a starter on the Bears’ defensive line, received a 51.8 overall grade in 2016, and a pass-rushing grade of 48.2.
- Jonathan Allen, a 3-4 DE in college, not only fits the Bears’ scheme, but last season, recorded the highest run-stop percentage (11.5) among all 3-4 DEs that played at least 30 snaps.
- Allen is a dynamic pass-rusher, averaging between four and five pressures per game; he finished 2016 with the most pressures in the nation (67).
- Not surprisingly, Allen finished with easily the highest PFF overall grade among all interior defensive linemen.
- Allen averaged 4.466 pressures per game (67 in 15 games) in 2016, while Bears DIs averaged 7.125 (114 in 16 games).