Titans select WR Corey Davis with 5th pick in the draft
- The Tennessee Titans selected WR Corey Davis with the fifth overall pick in the NFL draft Thursday night.
- Davis had a top-10 overall grade among receivers in each of the past three seasons, finishing as the seventh-highest-graded WR in 2016 at 86.1 overall.
- When he was targeted last year, he caught 71.5 percent of the passes thrown to him for 1,512 yards and 19 touchdowns against two interceptions, good for the fourth-best WR rating in the country at 141.2 (among receivers with 100-plus targets).
- Davis was fourth in the country among receivers with an average of 3.56 yards per route run, and led the entire country with 4.99 yards per route run from the slot (among receivers with at least 100 slot routes).
- The Titans lost their top slot receiver from last year in Kendall Wright with no apparent replacement on the team right now. WR Harry Douglas ran 112 snaps from the slot last year (second most on the team), but averaged a mere 1.26 yards per route run.
- The Titans current top two receivers, Rishard Matthews and Tajae Sharpe, averaged just 3.4 and 2.1 yards after the catch, respectively. Davis averaged 7.2 YAC last season in college.